iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

The Pale Whale Inn

Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

The Pale Whale Inn Empty The Pale Whale Inn

Post  Mr.Hero Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:30 am

In the port city of Valkurstead, sailors, travelers, and locals all need a place to relax and have a few drinks. That place for most people happens to be the Pale Whale Inn. The Pale Whale is located on the South side of the city close by the gates to the docks and the market and bazaar. The building is two stories tall. There is a large archway at the entrance to the inn made from the rib cage of a leviathan. Inside, the bottom floor has a great number of dining tables, a large fireplace, a kitchen, supply room and most importantly a bar. It is at this bar where the owner of the establishment is often found. His name is Joe. He wears an eye-patch and smile as he greets and welcomes new comers and locals alike. The walls are decorated with portraits of ships, sea monsters, lovely sirens and mermaids. There are also various relics hanging from the wall. These include (but are not limited to): compasses, helms with engravings on them, pieces of ships (most notably a large portion of the hull of a ship), and the harpoon of the great Sylvest the Whaler (of whom many tales are told). Upstairs there are a number of small rooms that can be rented by the day, week, or month. There are about 25 small rooms and they are nearly always full and the typical occupants are sailors, sea merchants, and adventurers. There is also a bulletin board on the first floor. Here, locals post bounties, advertise for sales at various shops, and list open positions for sailors and fishermen for numerous endeavors at sea.... 
    Come to the Pale Whale Inn where you can have an ale and tell some tales!
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

The Pale Whale Inn Empty the non-in-character banter from before

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:38 am

Spoiler:
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

The Pale Whale Inn Empty Re: The Pale Whale Inn

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:14 am

It's a calm night in Valkurstead with a clear sky and well lit streets and people from all over the city congregate at their favorite local taverns. On this evening, the Pale Whale is full of locals and travelers alike. As the patrons cheerfully sip on ales and ciders, the front door opens as a new customer arrives. He is dressed in a dark cloak with his hood pulled back to reveal the face of an Elf. His skin is very light and his hair is long and white. He waves down Joe the barman for service as he walks up to the bar and takes a seat at a stool. He leans over as to whisper to Joe.

I need some of that "special" reserve that I requested you keep in stock...

Sure thing! I'll go and fetch it for you, now lets see I believe that the price per bottle was about 25 gold....

Let me uh... open a tab

Wait a minute... I know that tone. You haven't got any money do you? How is that possible?!? You live in that fancy mansion on the bluffs don't you?

It's a long story...and no, I confess I am broke. Dirt broke. Don't go spreading this around Joe but, I've squandered away all of my inheritance. I've been living in my family mansion for.... well let's just say a very long time. I've lived like a king! Fine clothing, fancy parties, it all cost a lot of money... I've run out! And what's worse, apparently I owe back taxes on the home that go back to when my great grandfather lived there! I was evicted from my home Joe! I don't know what to do.... I suppose I'll go out on the street and live like a sewer rat for the rest of my life..... He makes a sad face....Sad 

I tell you what, this bottle is on the house. But you need to find a way to make a living! Joe reaches underneath the bar and fetches a bottle and a wine glass and proceeds to fill the glass with the blood red liquid from the bottle and sets it down on the bar.

He takes a long drink from the glass.
    Oh thank you so much Joe, I didn't want to go back to getting that stuff the uncivilized way! And about making a living, I just don't know what to do. There's no way I could go farming! And sailing out to sea is a no go as well, I'm don't posses the brute strength to go fishing with those burly men at the docks... plus if they found out about me they'd probably through me overboard...

You know, I've heard stories of people heading out to this place called Moetown. There's an adventurer's guild there where one can hire themselves out to do all sorts of tasks for people in exchange for gold. You might give that a shot?

After finishing his drink, his face lights up.
    That sound very promising! Maybe if I can work hard enough and go on enough adventures, I can get enough gold saved up and buy my home back!Thanks Joe!
    He stands up to leave and venture off to Moetown

Wait a minute Vincent, take this with you!He grabs a small adventurers pack from behind the counter, puts a cork in the bottle, and stows it away in the pack. It's not much gear but it'll help you out on the trip! Also there's a little bit of gold here and you can take this bottle with you too... it's not very likely that I'll be selling any of this stuff any time soon! You can repay me when you get back in to town. Be well and take care! He pushes the backpack across the table and extends his hand in farewell. Vincent shakes his hand and grabs the pack.

Thanks Joe! I'll be seeing you!
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:14 am

Vincent turns and walks out the door

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:25 am