iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

2 posters

Around a campfire in Falistir's Cave

Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Around a campfire in Falistir's Cave Empty Around a campfire in Falistir's Cave

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:13 pm

While Daria and Althaea sleep beside the fire, Magnus finds a comfortable place to sit for a moment. He sits and crosses his legs as he reaches into his pack. After digging around for a moment, he takes out a book with the title: "Dungeons, Dungeons, Dungeons" written along its spine. He opens the text and begins to read.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Around a campfire in Falistir's Cave Empty Re: Around a campfire in Falistir's Cave

Post  Jing Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:02 pm

What is that you have there? Falastir gazes on with interest and inquires all dragony.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Around a campfire in Falistir's Cave Empty Re: Around a campfire in Falistir's Cave

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Oh this, well this is one of the books that we used at the arcane university in Valkurstead in the "Practical Aplication of Arcane Abilities" class....I asked the instructor a question about some of the stuff in here one day. He looked at me strangely and said "I can't answer that..." and I realized he had never been adventuring before in his life! And what's more, I realized I had reached a point in my studies where I could only learn about the world around be by going and seeing the world and discovering things for myself. So I left Valkurstead and all the scholarly life behind and joined the Adventurer's guild in Moetown.... that being said though...it is a good book!

He flips through a few pages....

Like this chapter on decision rooms!
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Tell me more... sounds very interesting!
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:49 am

Well, I was just catching up on my reading so let's see here....Oh yes, chapter 5, levers, switches, and buttons. This chapter talks about all manner of devices which are used to activate mechanisms which perform a variety of tasks ranging from lowering bridges to moving walls! Here it mentions that some switches are not easily seen and in some cases are even concealed underneath tiles called pressure plates. When weight is placed ontop of a pressure plate, the switch engages but will disengage as soon as the weight is removed. The best way to deal with something of this nature of course is to simply place something relatively heavy ontop of the plate and go about your business. The book does state though that often in rooms that utilize such a device will have some object which can be used as a weight since the designer/owner/dweller of the dungeon also needs to use the device.... Pretty interesting stuff!
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:13 am

sounds as such. how do you like my brews?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:45 pm

They are fantastic! I've never had such an amazing ale! Where do you do your brewing?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:38 am

Down in the lower parts of my complex here... Are you here to steal my secret recipes? If so I might have to make have to make a new batch with essences of curious wizard as a special ingredient.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:20 am