iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

2 posters

Ranking system for all characters

Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Ranking system for all characters Empty Ranking system for all characters

Post  Bort Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:57 am

I have thought of a basic "ranking" system for all characters in our world. Please tell me what you think.

Hero - This represents the characters Bort, Desmond, Vectros, and Kran. These characters have stats, feats, abilities, back stories, equipment, relationships, personalities and are the most important in our adventures.

Leader - This is for characters such as Takazorai or Baramaus the Elder. They have stats, stories about them, equipment, personalities, and may accompany our characters or be central figures in quest. Leaders are important to the heroes in one way or another. They may tell how the hero got here, or maybe they give quests, or perhaps some other connection. They can have as much information, or be as involved in the story as a hero, but obviously, they are not a hero. (Note: The term "leader" does not necessarily mean they are the leader of a village or group of people. It merely denotes their level of importance to our universe. If the term "leader" is unacceptable, we can change it. )

Advisor - This is for characters such as Titus or Zegi. They probably have at least brief back stories. There class and general stats may be decided but they might not have a character sheet and everything decided. They affect the storyline in minor ways. Maybe they will be the central character in a single quest or perhaps they will constantly be around in a lesser way such as owning a store or identifying artifacts. (Note: The term "advisor" does not necessarily mean they are the advisor of a village or group of people. It merely denotes their level of importance to our universe. If the term "advisor" is unacceptable, we can change it. )

Lieutenant - This is for characters such as Tiberius. He has a personality, but very little of it has been revealed. He has been mentioned a couple of times by my hero, but thus far has had little to no real effect on the storyline. He may be used in a quest, much like Chigro(It was Chigro right?) but his actions are either a means to an end, or are very limited in scope. (Note: The term "lieutenant" does not necessarily mean they are a lieutenant in a village or group of people. It merely denotes their level of importance to our universe. If the term "lieutenant" is unacceptable, we can change it. )

Soldier - This is for characters such as the other children of Titus or Grusho's eldest son. Characters that are known to exist but have not had any affect whatsoever. These characters may or may not be named and may or may not have classes and information, but we know they exist and are a necessity of having a town of people. (Note: The term "soldier" does not necessarily mean they are a soldier in a village or group of people. It merely denotes their level of importance to our universe. If the term "soldier" is unacceptable, we can change it. )

Peasant/Commoner The lowest level in our universe. This is for people who we can only presume exist. For a town to function, grow, and prosper, a large number of people will have to exist. Do we account for everyone who helps plow the fields? Does Moe run the bar indefinitely all alone? Is there no one else in the universe? It can be presumed that there are others around.

Characters can move up through the ranks when there is a need. Perhaps a lieutenant takes over his fathers business as store clerk and become a more common face. Maybe a hero falls in love with an adviser and they become the reason the hero fights.

Please tell me what you think!
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Ranking system for all characters Empty Re: Ranking system for all characters

Post  Jing Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:59 am

When it comes to not so normal characters that have stats the ranking system for monsters should suffice. I believe you have the monster manual. But they break down by the type of damage they would do. Minion, Soldier, Lurker, Artillery, Brute, Elite, Leader. Something like that i didnt bother looking it up so if you do not mind correcting me it should work.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Mine was merely a hierarchical system to show level of importance. Damage types and stuff would be imposed over this one or one like it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:18 am