iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

3 posters

Questions, Comments, and Complaints

Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty Questions, Comments, and Complaints

Post  Bort Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:21 pm

What is the comparison of real life time to game time?
    And have any of the following geographic questions been discussed; What does the world look like? How close are our villages to each other? Is the creation of other entities for story telling( and perhaps later for questing) purposes permitted?(e.g. The Ramen Empire)
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty Time Flies

Post  Jing Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:26 pm

As far as time goes, i mentioned seasons. but i meant like harvesting seasons. in realiity it is difficult for us to measure time in any other form other than what we already know. I recommend we use however something like:
    a) 1 week (RL) = 1 month (Game), 30 days
    b) 1 day (RL) = 1 week (Game), 1 week (RL) = 51 days (game)
    c) 1 hour (RL) = 1 day (Game), 1 week (RL) = 168 days (game)

my personal vote is c.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty Re: Questions, Comments, and Complaints

Post  Bort Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:09 pm

I suppose C is acceptable to me as well. But that means we have to stay very active. Posting every couple of days at the very least would be preferred.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty Re: Questions, Comments, and Complaints

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:15 am

i'm kinda thinking that *a* will do it...
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:19 am

And also remember the time scale will only be applied to the forums that we use for developments for our cities and updates for our characters for that week... not to any forums that we might be posting on "in character".
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty Time flies

Post  Jing Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:28 am

I figure if we use 1 hour equals 1 game day. we could make 1 day equal to 1 game month(24 game days). and make years equivalent to 28 months. This way a year would pass every 3 weeks.
    Remember this is about the progression of the cities not the progression of the characters. The characters may grow but new ones should take their place. So is life.

G.L.(Game Life) >>>> R.L.(Real life)
    1 day >>>>>>>>>> 1 hour
    1 week >>>>>>>>> 6 hours
    1 month >>>>>>>> 1 day
    1 season >>>>>>> 1 week
    1 year >>>>>>>>> 4 weeks

If you miss out on a week yeah you may have missed out on a season, but who every said nothing exciting or worth mentioning didn't happen. In my opinion this is the best all other scenarios time travels to slow... plus it makes my O.C.D. happy.

plus calender wise we can break them down into seasons ex . Winter - Spring - Summer - Fall
    and name each first month the same ex. First month of Winter, Second month of Winter, ...
    I think it will work. This way you can choose to say what happened each season, or if you have time you can post each day, and give an account of a months worth of happenings. the point of this is to promote activeness, and get us growing.

Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:15 pm

if one day= one month then a week in RL will = 7 months and if 7 months = 1 season (out of four) then a year in our game would consist of 28 months.... kinda weird.... plus did I mention that's super fast? I guess that because you two are for it, I'll have to go along with it. But I'm trying to get Rachel to play along as well....i don't think that she's going to be able to keep up...

Plus, our adventurers are going to get older quickly and that kinda stinks...i don't wanna be a level 10 at the age of 50 or 60...

I really think that one week RL= one month game time works better...

That's all I have to say... Again, since both you guys wanna do the 1 day RL= 1 month , I will just suck it up and go along with it.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty WE do what we Want!

Post  Bort Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Umm.... Perhaps we could figure out some sort of compromise...... I don't know..... But let me point out that we don't have to use the Gregorian Calendar..... There could easily be 100 days in a year, or 1000, Just an idea...
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:57 pm

no, it's cool we'll stick with the one week = 7 months = 1 season. I will adjust my brain to think of it that way.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty Time flies

Post  Jing Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:23 am

I really dont think it will go as fast as you think it will. Sure 4 weeks will equal a game year, but even if your leader starts at the ripe age of 65 it will take 20 months for him to be 85. Thats 1.75 years. Till you have to think about passing leadership on. Just think about each week as a season its not that bad. and if you stay active sending your adventurer on a month long quest is not unresonable. one week preperation, one week total travel, one week stuck in a randon cave, and one week boasting to his or her friends. Of course you must also realize each month would consist of 24 days, so a season is 96 days, and a year is 384 days. its really not that bad i promise. plus if we stay active it will work.

Jing carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:36 am

Ummmm..... Did someone delete the founding of Bartopia from in my thread?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:37 pm

the last thing i deleted was your post last night....sorry again for that... Sad

Forgiveness check!
    Mr.Hero carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty ROAR!

Post  Bort Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Its fine. But the Settling of Bartopia is definitely gone.... O well, I'll rewrite it.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty Yeah i dont know

Post  Jing Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Mr.Hero i thought that youwere gonna clean up his settling becasue of all the hate in the thread. you must have accidently deleted it all.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty Question

Post  Bort Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Is the in character forum supposed to be just that. A place where we can have discussions and conversations from our character's points of views? Basically, Can we have a conversation there that may be pertinent to the storyline without it being like it is happening at that exact time. I think it would be cool.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:52 am

yes in character disscussion may happen out of sync with the other stuff. you may make reference to them and we will place them into the timeline after they are finished where they belong.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty About this forum

Post  Bort Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:51 am

Umm.... Few questions. First, I don't have access to the statistics page and that makes me sad. Is there anyway someone all powerful out there could give me access?
    Second: What are points? How do we get them and give them?
    Third: Are we going to have a global time freeze from midnight tonight until a to be determined time in the future to accommodate a very magical event that may consume the life of a certain one of our players?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:22 am

What are you talking about bort?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:04 am

1. On the home page there is a link that says statistics and I can't view it.
    2. Whenever you click on someones name and go to their page they have a point score and I don't know what it refers to.
    3. Skyrim is being released tonight and I was making a joke that you (Jing) would be to consumed by it to do anything else for awhile.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Questions, Comments, and Complaints Empty In case you were wondering....

Post  Bort Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:27 pm

Jing and I account for over 75% of all posts. Either You other kids need to catch up or a couple of us need to find a life.....
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:47 am

Which came first the chicken, or the Chickenman?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:20 pm

Deeeeeeeeep

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content