iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

2 posters

Shedding Light on the Darkness

Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Shedding Light on the Darkness Empty Shedding Light on the Darkness

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:05 pm

Standing on a hill at daybreak, a man looks out onto the fields in front of him. He is a tall man who is about 25 years of age. He wears a battle harness which holds three swords and a sling pack which holds all of his gear. Putting away his map and clutching the hilt of one of his swords he starts walking down into the meadow
    Well Yojimbo, over these last few years of training we've learned to battle with unyielding fury and to stare down our enemies and feel no fear. It's time we start looking for our greatest foe. The one being that caused so much fear and death. It's about time we get some answers. I think it's best to go back to Moetown, Moe has approxiate knowledge of everything.
    Desmond continues walking towards the town in hopes to find out more about the Darkness...
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Shedding Light on the Darkness Empty Re: Shedding Light on the Darkness

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Desmond continues his walk towards Moetown and eventually wanders upon a man on the side of the road. The man who was leaning against a tree alongside the road starts walking towards him with a club in his hand.
    Well met sir! By the looks of ya, I'd say your an experienced traveler... so you know why I'm here talkin' to ya now. Give me 10 gold and I'll let ya pass on unharmed...

I don't have time for this....

He grabs the hilt of a sword which hangs horizontally behind him from his belt. He then teleports behind the bandit striking him with his longsword once and then waves his left hand over his sword and strikes again. As his blade falls on it's enemy, it makes a loud booming sound which takes the bandit by surprise. The bandit, trying to regain his composure, grips his club and takes a swing at Desmond. Desmond easily deflects the blow and makes ready for his next attack. He speaks over his sword which begins to glow with a blue aura. He strikes his foe causing some minor damage, but as soon as he swings his sword, behind the thug appears a mirror image of Desmond in a bright blue glowing aura!
    You're going down!
    He points at the thug and marks him.
    The thug is astonished but grits his teeth and continues the fight by swinging his club at the real Desmond this time actually landing a blow. Desmond staggers a bit but soon recuperates and smirks.
    I'm over here punk!
    the duplicate taunts the thug and marks him before taking a swing at him with his sword. The thug becomes even more confused and after debating on who to attack he swings at the real Desmond once more reasoning that if he can take Desmond down he'll be better off since all the other one can do is attack every now and then. But as soon as his club strikes Desmond, the clone teleports adjacent to him and unleashes his fury slashing at the thug's abdomen. With that final strike, the thug falls over unconscious.

Desmond sheaths his sword as the glowing copy of himself dissipates. He searches the bandit and takes a coin purse which contained 50gp that the thug undoubtedly took from other weary travelers.

Crime doesn't pay off in the long run my friend.

He then continues on his journey for another hour or two before reaching town. At the gate, he is greeted by two guards who ask what his business in town is to which he replies that he is looking for rest and a meal at Moe's Tavern and they allow him to pass through. It has been a long time since he had been here and the town has changed alot but his memory is keen and he soon reaches the bar and walks in....
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Desmond walks out of Moe's with a map in hand. He looks at his map for a moment and walks to the chicken shack. As he makes his way there he looks for signs of the person in charge....
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 am

As Desmond approaches he sees a man wearing a cloak and goggles upon his brow, walking away carrying a large pack on his back. The man waves at the two men sitting on the front porch of the old shack as he leaves. The two old men sitting on the porch seem to be enjoying their meals and the company of one another. One is sitting on a three legged stool almost as frail looking as the old man sitting upon it. He has a large toothless grin on his face when he notices Desmond. The other man is short with a long white beard wearing a hat that is almost as tall as himself.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:41 am

Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt but I was sent by Moe to retrieve a shipment of chicken....
    Still thinking upon Moe's riddle, Desmond can't shake the feeling that perhaps the short bearded man could be one of those on his list...
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 am

Chicken! The toothless man exclaims and skips into the shack behind him.

Well, isn't he excited. The bearded fellow chuckles. I am Markorov, a taskmaster at the adventurers guild, who might you be good sir.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:43 am

My name is Desmond. I'm a wandering swordmage and a friend of Moe's. He asked me to retrieve his shipment of chicken. But I am also on a quest, perhaps you may be able to help me. With information provided by Moe himself, I am on a quest to find a group of people called the Council of Old Ones. You two seem like you've been around the block a time or two....have you ever heard of this?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 am

I have heard of such a group, why do you seek them Desmond?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 am

This may seem crazy and you may find this difficult to believe, but it is true. When I was a child, an evil force took over my homeland and destroyed my people. We fought with all of our strength but to no avail. When I grew stronger, I helped a resistance force which fought what came to be called simply: the Darkness. The Darkness took control over the minds and bodies of it's victims and over time became exceedingly powerful. I learned to harness my powers of teleportation which allowed me to survive this horrific time. All of the great minds came together to attempt to discover a way to fight this evil entity but to no avail. One day, a man who was a part of the resistance group I joined had a crazy idea. He devised a contraption which would amplify my teleportation powers to such a magnitude that I would teleport into the past providing me a way to stop the evil from coming to power and save the world from it's evil ways. The device worked! I instantly teleported to this land in this age. And for ten years, I've been trying to hone my skills and find clues which will lead me to the source of the Darkness. When I spoke to Moe the council he gave to me was simple: to seek out the council of Old Ones.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:25 pm

This is a very fantastical tale. Tell me more of this future from which you have came.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 pm

The land I come from is quite different than this... My land is full of people passionately driven by exploration and discovery. The most intelligent ones but their talents to good use by creating machinery which helped us in everyday life. In fact, those same artificers even created metal men called Warforged which were used for a great many purposes. It was a prosperous land until the Darkness spread. No one knows exactly were it came from, but we do know that the Darkness took control of the minds and bodies of those who were exposed to it for too long... though the nature of how it takes hold is still unclear to me. However the Darkness spreads, it waited until the time was right.... gathering it's forces and unleashed its armies on the land.... My home was destroyed and and hope seemed lost until some people came up with the idea to use my teleportation powers to venture into the past and attempt to stop the darkness before it grows in strength. You can believe my story or ignore it but do believe this: it is of the utmost importance that I find this council of old ones
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed May 01, 2013 10:14 am

As much as you talk of darkness, some might think it has consumed you as well. If you find counsel in the old, what is it you speak? Power, to defeat your enemy? Knowledge, truths that need remain in the dark? Or is it wisdom you seek? Wisdom, of those who know the patterns of time? The night comes to those underneath the star-filled sky, but those who choose to submerge themselves into the darkness truly know the terror that comes in the night. Your masters concept of time travel was critically flawed by terror, doubt, and delusion. Simply by your presence in the past the future you know is gone, but why do you believe that an evil that is incarnate could be stopped by one soul? How do you know that you coming to the past is not what began spiral of fate, and you have yet doomed the world again? Questions are what you have, and difficult truths will echo back. Do not stray from your unknowing state, continue to ponder. I shall not delay you further for we shall me again. The council meets where the hidden is, but I am but a bridge broken to the evil world. Do not follow my path take the course up stream. I must depart, but you should speak to my friend as well. Good day, Desmond Time Wanderer. He then vanishes into a puff of purple smoke. The chicken man comes back out with a plate full of food, and a bottle of blue liquid. One word is directed at Desmond. Chicken.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Fri May 03, 2013 9:44 am

A very puzzled and troubled looking Desmond hangs his head in deep thought for a moment before realizing that the Chicken Man is addressing him....
    Oh, sorry. I was just feeling puzzled and slightly troubled as well. I was so deep in thought for a moment there I didn't ever realize you were addressing me. Is this for me?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri May 03, 2013 10:02 am

The peddler of chicken hands Desmond the plate of chicken and the blue liquid.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Fri May 03, 2013 10:22 am

He takes the plate of food and the blue liquid
    Hm... okay I am kind of hungry...
    He starts to eat the food and takes a gulp of the beverage
    So what's your story? Do you know that short fellow? You know, I've got a feeling that Moe sent me this way for more than a shipment of chicken...
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri May 03, 2013 10:45 am

Chicken? the old man smiles in a sly manner.

Spoiler:
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Fri May 03, 2013 11:40 am

Spoiler:
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri May 03, 2013 12:23 pm

As the smooth blue liquid flows down Desmond's throat he can feel the arcane energies spiraling around him. His knowledge of the arcane tells him that he has drank a drink laced with a powerful alchemical formula. The smile one the chickenman's face curls into a spiral string of brilliant colors and patterns. When Desmond's mind finally settles down, he is in a dark damp room on his back.

Boy, You handles that better than most their first time. Ha, most vomit all over their britches.

Spoiler:
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Fri May 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Spoiler:
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri May 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Everything will be fin sonny, sit up. You got questions for me?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Desmond sits up
    Ugh.... where am I? Who are you? Why am I here?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Sun May 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Desmond's vision clears, and he sees the chicken-man standing there in front of him with his hand stretched out to help him up. "First in last out" is a rule I like to follow. I am hear because you have questions. You are what your decisions make you, or maybe you are fates design. I am with you in a place that is me and rules me. But if you want, I can shed some light on this situation. Two large bright circular lights appear behind the chicken-man. First, with a bright intensity, then to a normal ambient light. The circular lights now resemble windows instead. However Desmond cannot see completely outside because he is sitting down.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon May 06, 2013 8:50 am

Desmond takes the hand up offered by the Chicken man and attempts to look through the "windows"
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Mon May 06, 2013 9:15 am

A giant eldrin is just outside the window, and is mindlessly gnawing on a chicken bone. Drool dripping out of the corner his mouth.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon May 06, 2013 11:33 am

What is going on? Who is that?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content