iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

2 posters

Shedding Light on the Darkness

Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Shedding Light on the Darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: Shedding Light on the Darkness

Post  Jing Mon May 06, 2013 12:20 pm

The chicken-man burst into laughter, and eventually composes himself. Well if you don't know you, then you may not be able to help yourself. I brought your consciousness her to meet my consciousness, so you can find your answers or more questions. Okay, I answered your two questions now you answer mine. Are you an agent of the Light? Or are you a pawn to the Dark.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Shedding Light on the Darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: Shedding Light on the Darkness

Post  Mr.Hero Fri May 10, 2013 11:03 am

I've asked myself that same question from time to time... So much of what the darkness actually IS happens to be unknown to me... I've only seen the terror and destruction it caused and never the source. I wonder sometimes if perhaps my actions could be aiding the darkness and even wonder if it's my ill fated role in destiny to be the one who causes the Darkness to rise to power... But then I arrive to the answer of that very question: am I helping or hindering the Darkness? My answer to you Chicken Man is that I am simply a man who wishes to do the most good. And after all, what man is a man who does not seek to make the world a better place? I don't know what effect my moving through time will have on the conflict with the Darkness. I only know that at the time, it was our only lead on stopping the destruction the Darkness plagued us with. And after seeing the terror that a fully empowered enemy like the Darkness causes, I know that I must find a way to stop it.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri May 10, 2013 6:00 pm

You MUST huh? I betcha you'd do anything, to keep that from happening to this time. You wandered through time and wonder if you can stop your future from happening. The windows close, then open quickly. Desmond recognizes the world outside as the time he left. The world smoldered, trees burned, and smoke rises from every corner of the world. This Future, right? Similar window open all around the room giving a panoramic view of the broken world.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon May 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Desmond stands flaberghasted at the sight of his time. He looks out onto the all too familiar wasteland of his home. As he surveys the 360 degrees view of his home realm he becomes entranced in deep thought....
    Chicken man... how do you know what my world looked like?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Mon May 13, 2013 9:30 pm

How do you know what is my world and what is yours? Our worlds are the same yet time separates us all. A statue of a younger Desmond materializes in the center of the room. The room becomes a ceremonial room filled with old weary men bent on saving their world. Young Desmond stands upon the time travel device frozen in time. The old men are talking but in whispers that can never be understood. They do not seem to notice either Desmonds or the chicken man. Does this seem familiar? I believe if memory serves me this was moments after you left.. The chicken man walks around the room and stands next to a figure that is eerily similar to himself, but with mor teeth. I was much pertier back then, right? then he smiles his sly smile again.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue May 14, 2013 7:22 am

Shocked by the new revelation, Desmond stares at the chicken man
    Wait... So you were there when I left?! How did you manage to travel back through time?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed May 15, 2013 10:10 am

I traveled through time the same way everyone else does...I just forgot to die with all of my piers. Like your mentor... Geez what was his name again?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Fri May 17, 2013 10:45 am

That was Octavius. Wait a moment.... You are saying that you have simply aged? That would mean that I never traveled back into the past at all but instead moved into the future?!? But what happened? Where is the Great City? And how long ago did I leave? What became of the threat of the darkness?!?! What the heck is going on?!?!
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Sun May 19, 2013 5:02 pm

More than you know. It was defeated sonny. Roughly 2000ish years. The great city is buried underneath Moetown, well what was left of it. I don't know what really happened. You merely stood frozen in time, while the world around you crumbled, well a version of yourself. Oh I aged boy, just aged very well. Oh my, I think I told you more than I was suppose too... Octavious he took the failure very...poorly.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed May 22, 2013 11:00 pm

So... I traveled into the future. But the darkness is still here. How can we defeat it? And Octavius, what happened to him?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:46 am

Your mentor, kinda jumped on the wagon with all the other artificers of his time, and began to manufacture warforged to fight the armies of darkness. Bound and determined to not let your sacrifice be in vain, he worked himself to death. Before he died he created a warforged that even surpassed him, and it just so happens he just recently woke up from a really long nap. He's currently down in his workshop in the sewers.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:55 am

You mean Octavius is still alive!?! How can I get to him?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 pm

What? You hard of hearing? Oh he's dead, but his creation still lives. Kinda funny cause he named him Primary, but it was his last creation. There is a sewer entrance just around back of my shack, there will be some guards just at the bottom of the ladder, just ask them to show you the way. Oh I almost forgot. Suddenly the room starts to get foggy, the chicken man is suddenly everywhere. And he has black chicken wings for arms. And his mouth becomes a beak. Find me, I point the way, follow me, to the dark, and let me swallow you whole. One of the chicken men screeches, then suddenly becomes extremely large, and the rest vanish. Then it walks over to Desmond towering over him, cocks his head to the side and screams, let me swallow you whole!
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:06 pm

The Chickenman's beak opens wide and descends upon Desmond enveloping him in darkness. The world around him feels like its spinning.

In his mind something calls to him, Boy why do you fight? You need more power to stop it, to stop this from spreading. I can give you that power! The image of an amulet he found long ago appears to him. I can help you find the power you seek! His vision begins to clear and Desmond sees the Chickenman smiling back at him.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Woah, did you here that chicken man? A voice... I heard a voice... and this time it didn't come from you! I saw an image of an amulet that I found once.... it offered me power. I'm not sure what's going on. Is this more of your trickery?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Chickenman looks at Desmond, then shrugs... Chicken?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Well chicken man, you have been most helpful. I think I should try to find this "Primary". He may be able to help me gain my bearings and aid me in finding out how to best deal with the threat of the Darkness... which way to that entrance to the sewer you spoke of?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:41 pm

The chicken man points back behind his shack.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Thank you very much Chicken Man, this has been a very enlightening experience for me. Good-bye
    Desmond walks to the manhole leading down to the sewers and opens it. He climbs down the ladder and looks around.....
    what can I see/sense????:
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:03 pm

At the bottom of the ladder you see two Warforged Guardians vigilantly watching. And three small warforged, about the size of half-lings talking among themselves. The area is well lit with glass torches. There are a few signs pointing in different directions. They read: Workshop, Barracks, Smith, Doctor, Recreations.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Arcane - You sense a faint arcane power, but far away.

History - Nothing yet.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Excuse me. I seek an audience with Primary. Can you take me to him?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:07 pm

The three warforged halflings look up at the eldrin... then talk among themselves again... then look up and walk over to Desmond. They then merge together into one larger being.I have decided to undertake this task. Please follow me. My name is Glitch, I shall be your guide. He holds out his hand as a greeting.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Desmond extends his hand to Glitch as well and gives him a firm handshake... not the Glitch would know of course.
    Lead the way friend.
    Desmond stands at the ready to follow his guide to the under belly of the city of Moetown.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Glitch leads Desmond through the sewers that have yet to be rid of the stench, into a large underground cave with pools of water and ornate columns. Glitch leads Desmond to a very well lit area with cool looking octahedrons and a well tiled floor. As Desmond get closer he not only recognizes the massive ornate doors, but the weak arcane power he felt earlier only grew exponentially as you moved closer to the room. I have other duties to take care of, so Must leave you here. Waiting on a delivery. Glitch then splits into the three halfling sized being and chases himself back the way they came.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content