iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

3 posters

The Explorers Guild

Bort
    Bort
    Admin

The Explorers Guild Empty The Explorers Guild

Post  Bort Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:22 am

Located conveniently across the street from the subtle knife, the explorers guild is now open for business. Come by and shop for a variety of adventuring gear including packs, maps, bedrolls, clothing, and of course every adventurers favorite, rope! So come in, buy some gear, hear a story, or even hire a guide to lead you through the most dangerous areas.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

The Explorers Guild Empty Re: The Explorers Guild

Post  Bort Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:15 am

Greetings fellow citizens of Moetown, I am Cassius. Here at the explorer's guild, we are interested at gathering knowledge about everything around us. We wish the world to be explored and all of its inhabitants informed of all of the wisdom within. Thus we shall be creating small publications with the intent of educating the local people of the local happenings. We invite all of you to send us letters detailing any and all information concerning local people, places, and events. We will compile your stories and create a most glorious publication of everything that is Moetown.

Curate Ut Valeatis
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Sun May 05, 2013 11:03 am

The door to the Explorers guild swings open and a confident looking 3'6" green figure walks into the room acomppanied by a fierce looking dire wolf with brown and black fur. The dog is nearly as tall as he is, but he walks right up to the counter as if he were a much taller man.
    Excuse me! Is anyone here!!! I know this is supposed to be an Explorer's Guild, but I didn't expect to go on a quest of discovery just to find the man in charge! Hello?
    He waits for someone to assist him while he pets his canine partner....

Last edited by Mr.Hero on Tue May 07, 2013 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Tue May 07, 2013 1:56 am

A somewhat plain looking man appears from behind the counter. His long hair sits below his shoulders and shows streaks of gray. His face sports a short beard of similar color to his hair. Greetings friend. How can the explorers's guild be of service to you?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue May 07, 2013 7:28 am

well, I heard that there was a place here in town dedicated to exploration of the land. I am here because I have a love of exploration and would like to offer my services!
    His wolf companion starts to growl as he looks up
    Of course I meant "we"! It's implied! My name is Oskar, and this is my assosiate Fang. Pleased to meet ya
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Thu May 09, 2013 1:32 am

Well met. I am Cassius. I hope you find that we are here to do more than simply explore the land, but to gather and spread knowledge of everything we can. But if exploration is what you and your furry friend desire you have certainly come to the right place. Where are the two of you from if I may inquire?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Fri May 10, 2013 11:22 am

Well, nice to meet you Cassius. It is very refreshing to meet someone as open minded as yourself. Most people would never hold a conversation with a Goblin like myself, my kinfolk have a horrid reputation. Fang and I come from the South. If you travel far enough you will eventually come upon the woods that I used to call home. I was a member of a tribe of ruthless and savage Goblins. I was never very taken with the idea of raiding villages or spilling the blood of the innocent, so they made me a scout. After a rough childhood (consisting of beatings by ignorant peers), I'm sure you'll understand what might make someone like me want to escape such a place. I had no friends and my family even disowned me because of my ungoblin-like ways. This is when I met Fang. The little pup was caught by a trap set by some Goblins from my tribe and they were about to kill him when I let loose a few arrows into they're skulls. I saved his life and He has been my only friend ever since. Needless to say, after killing a few of my own tribe, there was no way I could ever return (not that I would want to anyway). So Fang and I set out on our own to see the world. We have a love for exploration Mr. Cassius. So you see, we have always been looking for a place we belong and I feel that this may be that place.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri May 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Aye, but every race under the heavens has been hated by someone. Who am I to determine merit based solely on the folly of ancestors and kin? Truly though, a rough life you have lived thus. And being from where I have yet to venture I feel your companionship could be of great value. You are welcome to stay here for now. We have some spare rooms upstairs. Feel free to unpack your things. I will introduce you to the other members of this fine establishment at which time they return. Have you any questions for me? I will gladly discuss many things at your request.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Mon May 13, 2013 12:05 pm

Rufus wanders into the explorers guild. Umm...excuse me. Sorry to bother, but I am in need of some assistance.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Thu May 16, 2013 12:10 am

Good day friend. How may we be of service?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu May 16, 2013 7:44 am

Hi, um I am suppose to make a delivery to a place called skitterback hill. Yeah, no clue where that's at. I know my way around the Forrest, but I have never heard of this place.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu May 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Boy have you got your hands full! Goin' into goblin territory! Most goblins ain't got an ounce of intelligence and even less tollerance for outsiders.
    Oskar walks closer to Casius and leans his back against the counter
    Casius, looks like I've already come in handy! If you can arrange a good contract and fee for this gentleman, I would gladly take him out there, just be sure to let him know there's no way to completely ensure his safety
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu May 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Well it's actually a delivery for Moe and the guild. I am sure it would be good to get some good cred with them both.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri May 17, 2013 1:39 am

Aye Oskar! This meeting has been more fortunate indeed. But you won't have to take him alone.
    Okay Rufus, here are the terms, you will be given a pair of adorable kittens for free. All you have to do is say you accept. Of course, if you don't accept then we will be forced to barbecue the kittens. You don't really want dead kittens on your conscience do you? So, Are these terms acceptable?

Last edited by Bort on Wed May 22, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To make the guild seem more friendly.)
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri May 17, 2013 11:23 am

Sorry, I can't accept these terms. If Oskar here would be so happy as to draw me a map, I think I will just head out on my own. I cannot make those kind of decisions on behalf of the guild or Moe. I just have a simple delivery to make, and a large group will only cause more commotion than I need. I will gladly pay for the map.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Wed May 22, 2013 12:39 am

How can you live with yourself? Cassius goes back to flipping through a few papers and avoids eye contact with the kitten killer
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed May 22, 2013 8:37 am

No I can't, Rufus leaves the explorers guild with a sad look on his face.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed May 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Oh look what you did! You scared him off with all your kitten talk! Now he's going to go out into goblin country without any idea where he is going! I'm going to try and warn him...
    Oskar pulls out a piece of paper from his pack and a pen off of Cassius' desk and starts drawing quickly. When he is finished, he heads out the door. Concerned, Fang looks up and sprints out the door before it shuts. As soon as he and Fang walk out, Oskar waves his paper in the air.
    Wait!!!! I can't just let you go out there with out a word of warning and this map. Now skitterback hill is here at the Eastern part of the forest where the road splits along the Western face of the Razor Ridge mountains. When you reach the point where the road splits you will be able to see a VERY large dome rock structure among all of the rocky ridges. That IS Skitterback Hill. At that point in your journey, you will have to climb the face of the mountain to get to the top... there is no road leading to this village. The skitterbacks have ways of easily navigating the terrain which will not be readily available to you... Be extreamly cautious out there.... this area is a war zone between three rival tribes of my Goblin kin...The Skitterbacks, the Red Rocks, and the Skullheads. You shouldn't have much trouble out of the Skitterbacks if you keep a level head about you... but the other two tribes will not hesitate to kill you if they find you! Don't worry about a fee for the map, I'd rather you remain alive long enough to seek my services again some other time
    Oskar offers the map to Rufus.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Thu May 23, 2013 12:26 am

I didn't mean to upset him.... Cassius thinks to himself. I think I may need to work on my people skills..... Cassius goes to his office and sits down and begins writing.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu May 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Markorov walks into the explorers guild, and walks up to Cassius So I hear your having bbq kittens, very much a delicacy. Do you mind if I partake with you? I am sure you have gotten this recipe on your travels.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri May 24, 2013 12:46 am

Who are you if I might ask who knows not only of the customs of foreigners but also of my prowess as an explorer?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu May 30, 2013 8:36 pm

I suppose this is where you make a joke about not realizing it was me cause you couldn't see me down here. Well I was here on official guild business, but couldn't wait to see my dear friend Cassius. So where did our new goblin friend get too?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:23 am

Awwww! Markorov, how are you? Come in, have a seat. I think I might have a foot stool around here somewhere. I'm not sure where our green skinned friend headed. I though he ran after Rufus.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:28 am

Oskar and Fang walk back into the room after advising Rufus
    Well that poor fool will need alot of luck where he's going! So, what did I miss?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:33 am

Hello sir, you are just the one I have been looking for. I have some very important questions to ask you. If you and your trusty companion would not mind coming with me, not only will I treat you to some food but I will show you around town as well. My name is Markorov, and I welcome you to Moetown. Cassius, don't think I won't be back to discuss the remarks that you made in you "news paper."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:23 am