iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

3 posters

Gaius Acanthus' Wondrous Emporium

Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Gaius Acanthus' Wondrous Emporium  Empty Gaius Acanthus' Wondrous Emporium

Post  Mr.Hero Sat May 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Gaius Acanthus' Wondrous Emporium  Z
    Welcome everyone to my brand new shop! I've spent years in search of relics, artifacts, and wondrous items of all sorts and now I'm saving all of you the foot work of finding such wonders by providing all of the desires your adventurous little hearts could ever possibly have (for a nominal fee). Yes, we've got portable holes, elixirs of dragon-breath, and many other items that would be considered rarities in "other" shops. That's right, my Wondrous Emporium is full of all sorts of fantastical nick-nacks and even some magical paty-waks... and for those of you who are rangers and have a beast companion...well you could even get your dog a bone! So come on in and I will provide you with a new experience in a bottle, or a sword to carve your way through the battlefield and remember: If you just can't find what your looking for in that mystical dungeon, you CAN find it here at Gaius Acanthus' Wondrous Emporium!
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Gaius Acanthus' Wondrous Emporium  Empty You break it you buy it?

Post  Jing Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:15 pm

A halfling dressed as a jester walks into the shop, he removes his mask and places it into his pack. Yo, anyone here?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Gaius Acanthus' Wondrous Emporium  Empty Re: Gaius Acanthus' Wondrous Emporium

Post  Mr.Hero Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Just then a large Warforged appears out from behind an isle of merchandise and walks to the counter
    How may I assist you?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Gaius Acanthus' Wondrous Emporium  Empty Always make friends with the Big guy

Post  Jing Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:39 pm

Tumbling back ward in surprise. Woah there big fella! I was expecting someone more... not you. Hows it goin? Names Random, call me Randy. Holds out his hand for a shake.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Greetings Randy
    How may I assist you today?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 am

Well you see, I am looking for a special item. A dice, something well random. Something random for Randy! It would be fun at parties. Ya got something like that my metalic friend?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:55 pm

One moment please...
    The tall Warforged walks towards the back and dissapears for a moment. After a minute or two, he returns with two small boxes; one labeled: "Midnight Sixes" and the other labeled "vagabond's die".
    These first two dice are what people commonly refer to as "loaded". Once you roll them, you have to ability to control them telepathically and thus the result of any roll of these dice that you make are always what you command them to be. This other box contains a die which can be used in battle. When in combat, you can roll this die to produce a random effect which will befall an enemy in battle.

I am permitted to sell the first set of dice to you at a price of 1000 gold and the second at a price of 3500 gold.

would you like to purchase these???

Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Oh snap, I don't know if I have that kinda gold my steel shopkeeper. How about an upgrade to my dear friend Killjoy? He pull out of his pack a magical boomerang, and shows it off as if it were a prize in a game of chance.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:04 pm

.....There was a request for Zeggi, our shop's enchanter and tinkerer, to place an enchantment on a crossbow not so long ago. The enchantment cloaked the crossbow and made it invisible to all but the owner until the time it is used in battle... Perhaps something of this nature would satisfy your request?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:35 pm

The door to the shop swings open and a man wearing a dark hooded cloak walks into the store. As the door closes behind him, a floating satchel follows him. He turns around, rolls up a map and hands it to his unseen servant and makes his way to the counter where Randy and the Warforged are talking.

Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt, but I would like to know if you have any potions of healing....I would like to purchase about 5. And a potion of regeneration would be good too! OH! And I've heard a rumor that you guys sell artifacts as well.... Have you guys ever come across a sleep grenade??? I've always wanted one ever since I read about them in this book about an archaeological dig to find relics....
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Gaius Acanthus' Wondrous Emporium  Empty Not so Shy randy

Post  Jing Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:22 am

Well far as I know it very well could be, I don't have the magical prowess to dissern the finer properties of this weapon... He then quickly approaches the newest customer, You look like you are very... magical! Can you help me?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Ronin walks into the shop slowly. Looking around as he approaches the other visitors. Good day! I am Ronin. I would love to the see the wonders your emporium has to offer He says happily.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:22 am

Well Ronin, glad to see that you made it! Now, let me guess my friend, you want me to tell you what sort of enchantment has been placed on this little weapon of yours?
    He takes the boomerang out of Randy's hand and studies it closely. In just a matter of seconds, Mirrik figures it out
    Well, it seems that this item is indeed enchanted in the same matter in which our metal host has previously described. Observe!
    He waves his hand over the weapon and it then completely dissapears.[i/]
    And it remains concealed until you decide to attack with it!
    [i]He gives the boomerang a light toss to cause its reappearance. It flies out in front of him about ten feet and curves back to return to his hand and he returns it back to Randy

Perhaps the greatest advantage of such a weapon is that who ever you strike first in combat will not be prepared for the oncoming attack. I hope this has helped!
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:37 am

Thats pretty freaking sweet! Thanks much! What you fellas doing here anyway?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:53 am

Thank you for your assistance sir. Now the potions of healing are 50gp, Potions of regeneration are 160gp, and we do have one sleep grenade which will be sold at 350gp but we will not be able to refresh our stock until Zegi recreates a few more.

And for you sir, how about some Astral Mead, or a flask of Dragon Breath, or perhaps a folding Astral Skiff?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:59 am

Oh, us? Well we had a few drinks and decided to go impulse shop at a magic shop! Actually, you can never have too many potions of healing! How about yourself? What brings you into this fine establishment??? Pardon me for saying but you just don't strike me as a magical fellow...
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:15 am

Well I was just passin by. Looked like fun so I decided to pop on in. I really have no Idea what half of this stuff is...

Last edited by Jing on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Well in that case you're in luck! I love magical items, and I know alot about them! Unfortunately one of the most important things to keep in mind about magical items is that they can get expensive.... Say, after I buy my items, would you like to get a group together and search for magical treasures?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:58 pm

I love magic! I would love to see all the wonderful items you are willing to show. Thought I will admit that I am currently lacking in large quantities of currency. Do you perhaps have any old enchanted artifacts?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:14 am

What are you strange man?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 pm

My name is Ronin and I am a Deva. It is not strange for you to wonder at my appearance for though my race is exceedingly old, we are very few in number
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:08 am

Thats pretty neat! then he directs his attention toward the wizard, So can you do any magic tricks?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Though enjoying speaking with the others about magic, Ronin is eager to complete his task. I would love to view all the wonders of this emporium but I'm afraid I must depart at this time. Ronin speaks pleasantly. He then slowly turns and leaves.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:58 pm

How about this!
    He flips his hand and a small coin appears out of thin air. He smiles and then makes the coin vanish again. He then folds his arms and closes his eyes looking satisfied with his performance
    Yeah, I'm pretty good with magic tricks... I know it's difficult but hold back any urges to praise me with applause...
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:05 am

Well that is quite marvelous indeed. You would think I would have seen more magic coming from where I have, but the only things I saw disappear were other peoples moneys.
    Looking quite down, he pulls out his mask and puts it on then does a happy dance to cheer himself up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:29 am