iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

2 posters

The Arena Column of the Moetown Times

Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

The Arena Column of the Moetown Times Empty The Arena Column of the Moetown Times

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Spoiler:
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

The Arena Column of the Moetown Times Empty The Ashen Reaper VERSUS Happy the Minotaur!

Post  Jing Mon May 20, 2013 12:53 pm

It’s a glorious day here at the Moe Town Arena; I am your host Gerry Taylor! The crowd has all gathered here today to watch an exhibition match between two rising stars in the dueling community. Grim Coal Brimstone, a Genasi from a place where fire even had it rough, a duelist who has recently become a local favorite was scheduled to fight with Happy the Minotaur, quite an approachable individual for a Minotaur at least, another known duelist in the community. Both contestants declined to be interviewed before the fight.

Grim was busy going over his various stance changes and meditating on various battles in the past. Happy was busy picking flowers, which I am guessing is a way for him to channel his ferocious energy. Two very different methods but both, I am sure will be very effective in focusing their minds for the upcoming battle.

Here is what we have been waiting for, after a word from our sponsors we will get this show on the road. “In need of something magical? That magic armor not fitting you the way it used too? Gaius Acanthus’ Wondrous Emporium has all your magical needs. We’ve got your Portable Holes, Elixirs’ of Dragon Breath, and many other magical nick-naks. So stop on by and discover what we have for you!”

There they are everyone, appearing in the northwest platform folks, The Ashen Reaper, Grim Coal Brimstone, and in the southeast corner, Happy the Minotaur!! They both look raring to go. Grim makes the first move, a cautious approach. Oh wow! What’s this he seems to be chanting something; Grim’s khopesh is glowing like coals in a fire…and is that a fireball in his free hand? Happy sees that and makes a cautious approach as well; this is going to be a great duel!

Here we go, after a few flourishes Grim is charging in folks! Oh my, he lands the first strike of the match, but my oh my that Happy sure is a strong fellow he just took it and composed himself and lands a CRITICAL blow with one of his signature moves, Frost Wolf Rage! But like with all rages there is a downside and Grim took the opportunity to land one extra blow as he falls to the ground, and a crucial one at that from what I understand.

It seems that both are doing extra damage every time Grim lands a blow. The glowing sword is called the “Elemental Stance” it causes Happy to because more susceptible to Fire attacks, and Frost Wolf Rage lashes back at Grim every time he strikes Happy. This is one very interesting fight!

Wait hold on folks, that blow should have almost crippled Grim; it seems he was able to use his racial ability just in time. Firedeath reduces damage by quite a bit. Grim stands with some difficulty then makes a shift towards Happy, it seems he has entered another stance, and oh my! Is that Burning Blade? It is and he lands it, this is gonna get hot for Happy folks. If Grim lands Burning Blade every melee strike becomes a fire attack and causes ongoing fire damage, a great combo with his elemental stance.

It seems that all the heat has gotten to Happy, he misses with his hammer, but the hammer smashed so violently on the ground that pieces of shrapnel batter Grim. Oh no, things have gone from bad to worse for Happy folks, it seems he has been caught in Grim’s “Hypnotic Swordplay” technique. What’s going on? Grim just burst into flames, his skin turned a dark red color and the rune like markings on his body are beginning to glow even brighter. Oh wow! Folks you have just witness Grim quickly manifest into a Firesoul! But it seems that Grim was just a little to overconfident and missed an easy strike, and has retreated to gain some composure. But Happy isn’t gonna give him that chance, he’s charging in. But it seems Grim is ready for a charge and deflects the blow.

Grim's blade burst into beautiful green flames and I think he just said something to Happy. I think he said, “Happy, this has been a marvelous duel, Regardless of who wins this bout, you are a worthy opponent and a vicious combatant.”

But I don’t think that Happy heard him, he is in a rage. But unfortunately isn’t landing any of his strikes. Grim makes a Firepulse then teleports away from the Raging Minotaur, and throws his blade flaming at Happy. But Happy isn’t quite done yet and makes one final strike, but he just doesn’t have the fight left. He just collapsed onto the ground, it seems like we have a winner folks.

It looks like Grim is attempting to administer some first aid until the medics arrive. Lets get down there and interview the winner. Grim you just had a very epic battle with a very strong opponent, any thoughts?

“Grim is impressed with Happy’s ferocity and resolve, and would very much like to duel him again in the future.” Well you heard it here folks, tune in next time for another glorious battle!

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:24 am