iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

3 posters

Marvin's Magnificent Magical Mansion

Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Marvin's Magnificent Magical Mansion Empty Marvin's Magnificent Magical Mansion

Post  Bort Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Located next door to the Subtle Knife, Marvin's Magnificent Magical Mansion stands. The large structure is somewhat brightly decorated and seems much more glorious than the buildings around it. Around the back inside a small walled in area is a plot of land with a number of different things planted. A sign on the fence reads, "Marvin's Garden".
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Marvin's Magnificent Magical Mansion Empty Re: Marvin's Magnificent Magical Mansion

Post  Jing Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:08 pm

A man of normal height knocks on the door of this magical building.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Marvin's Magnificent Magical Mansion Empty Re: Marvin's Magnificent Magical Mansion

Post  Bort Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:39 am

Greetings! A tall man says as he swings open the door. Welcome to my magical mansion.  This man wears a long blue robe with silver stars and a large hat to match. 
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:17 am

I was wandering around town and decided to see what this place was all about. The man enters through the door and looks around.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Marvin's Magnificent Magical Mansion Empty Wandering Nothing!

Post  Bort Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:56 am

Well met then.  I am Marvin.  The man says while leading the stranger through a foyer and into a large room with a large wooden table. The mansion in marvelously decorated. A large half orc sits at the table, as well as a slender elf.  What is your name sir?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:12 pm

My name is Jaydee the Ice-bringer. Pleasure to meet you!
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:04 pm

Pleasure to meet you Jaydee the Ice lord.  If you will just have a seat we will get started soon.  We are just waiting for one more person.  

O Mr. Hero:
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Marvin's Magnificent Magical Mansion Empty Marlowe Arrives

Post  Mr.Hero Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:47 am

A dwarf in heavy armor with a hammer and shield strapped to his back and a wooden crate in his hands approaches the door to the mansion. He sets the crate down for a moment and knocks loudly on the door to the mansion and then promptly picks up the crate and waits.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Greeeeetings! Marvin says loudly opening the door! Welcome! Marvin speaks pulling the dwarf inside and leading him to a seat. Welcome to the mansion! Now that everyone is here we can get started! As Marvin is speaking a door can be heard upstairs in the mansion. Another man walks down the stairs. Marvin looks at him and speaks: Bart of the map college, are you playing too? Bart the geographer responds slowly, actually, I'm preparing to depart. I will be traveling far to the Wince Meox territory.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Marlowe the Mead-Maker reluctantly takes a seat. As he does so, he strokes his full Dwarf beard for a moment as he tries to evaluate the situation he now finds himself in. He scratches his head for a moment and then speaks...
    Hey now just a minute.... What game, what's going on? You mean to tell me you were expecting me and not some other Dwarf from the Darthor Brewery delivering a case of mead to you? And you, where exactly is this strange Wince Meox you speak of? And speaking of the case of mead, you rushed me inside so quickly I've left it outside. Maybe I should go and fetch it from your doorway!

[Marlowe attempts to get up and go to the front door to retrieve the mead]
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:30 am

((bump))
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:22 pm

Bart of the map college walks back in through the door carrying the Marlowe Mead. He sets it front of the bewildered dwarf and takes his seat at the table. Marvin, I have decided to stay after all. I would love to play! Marvin looks as giddy as ever to have everyone here.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:12 pm

"Playing"... "playing" what exactly? Come man say what's the meaning of this? He says as he sits back down to wait more comfortably for a reply.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Marvin speaks softly: I suppose I do need to explain my actions.  I have brought you all here for one simple reason, to deliver the most wonderful adventure imaginable!   As Marvin speaks he raises his hands into the air. The lights go out and everyone in the room is plunged into total darkness.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:41 am

Spoiler:
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:15 pm

Everything you need to know about this quest:
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:18 pm

What is going on here?

Marlowe the Mead Maker reaches into his pack and pulls out a sun rod to illuminate his surroundings....
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:44 pm

For the mead maker:

For the ice man:
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Bewildered at the situation that he finds himself in, the mead maker walks over to the only familiar thing in this room, the statue of a dwarf. He examines it more closely... then remembers that was not alone before he found himself in this new place. He looks around the room to see if he is alone now...
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:33 pm

Upon approaching the statue, it starts to glow slightly. As you examine the dwarven statute, your mind becomes aglow with facts about dwarves. You know that dwarves are very hardy, but are not so charismatic. You know that a dwarf does not move very fast, but their movement is not hampered by the wearing of heavy armor. They have some natural resistance to poison and the effects of magic. They know much about stone and metal items and are good at crafting them. They like being fighters and fight a little extra well against goblins. Looking around, you are alone. It is just you and the statues.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:24 pm

JD walks over to examine the elf statue.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Upon approaching the elf statue, it begins to glow slightly. As you examine it, your mind becomes aglow with facts about elves. You know they are dextrous, but not as hardy as other races. You know they move much more quickly than dwarves. Elves can naturally used long swords and bows, but they prefer to be wizards. They are immune to sleep spells and have some resistance to magical effects.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Thats neat. JD walks over to examine the gnome statue.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Upon approaching the gnome statue, it begins to glow slightly. Looking over you realize the elven statue is no longer glowing. Your mind is filled with useless information about gnomes. You know that though physically hardy, they are not the strongest. Being small in size, this does not seem odd. They specialize in being bards since people are constantly laughing at them. Gnomes naturally posses spell like abilities such as ghost sound and dancing light. This knowledge helps them to see through illusions more readily and cast them to a greater affect. They are skilled in alchemy and are good listeners.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:35 pm

JD walks over to examine the half-elf. Gnomes seem silly. I laughed at one once.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:22 am