iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

Desmond's Journal

Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Desmond's Journal  Empty Desmond's Journal

Post  Mr.Hero Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Entry Number: 1, 11th day of the 27th month of what I will call the First Year.

I have decided to write down in this journal an account of my experiences here in the First Age and to have also a way to track my progress in finding the source of the evil that allowed this world to be completely over run near the end of this Age. I begin writing on the 11th day of the 6th month of winter and although I have been in this Age for only a few months, I have already begun making progress. About 5 days ago, I stumbled across a sort of crossroads that serves as a place of rest for travelers. There is an inn and a general supplies store. I assumed (and rightly so) that I should wait at the inn because this would be the best place for me to find strangers willing to provide information about this world as it is now in the First Age. After a day, I began to actually make progress. First a Human came into the tavern and sat nearby and soon after, a Dragonborn entered and sat at a table by himself. I began a conversation with the Human when all of the sudden the Dragonborn rose from his seat and took an agressive stance. Apparently all of my inquiries about this Age had unsettled the creature. He challenged me to a dual, but I declined feeling that I shouldn't eliminate a newly found source of information on this Age. After some time and brief explanation of my motives, he took a less confronting stance. It was at this moment that another Human walked into the tavern. We all at this point began to have a civilized discourse. We introduced ourselves: the first Human was a rather shady fellow named Bort, the proud Dragonborn was named Kranzorai Bragmasho, and the other Human (a paladin) was named Vectros. Spoke of what brought us to the crossroads and our homelands... which brought them to ask where I had come from. After already partaken in the enjoyment of a few ales, I had very little discretion in telling my new found companions the truth of my journey her from another time where the world is dominated by an unspeakable evil. While they laughed it off at first, Kranzorai proceeded to inform me of his father's dreams of a future in turmoil. I knew that I had to meet this father of his. And so, we traveled to Kranzorai's village to the South.

We began our travel and soon came upon some wandering Kobolds. The mere sight of Kobolds enfuriated my Dragonborn companion and immediatly we were engaged in combat. I was most impressed with Kranzorai's use of his blade, he is a true swordsman. And Bort the Human rouge proved he was not one to be triffled with either. Bort with his trusted crossbow slew Kobold skirmishers with deadly accuracy (with the exception of an unfortunate accident which I will not comment on any further). And Vectros used the holy might of his god Bahamut to deal justice on our enemies. I myself utilized my exceptional skill and knowledge of both the arcane and the sword to deliver punishing blows to our foes. After three days worth of travel and encounters with Kobolds, we found ourselves at Kranzorai's village at last. But relief was short lived: for when we arrived, we found the village under siege by a small army of Kobolds! We threw ourselves into the frey immediately to aid the villagers and soon we brought down the Kobold forces. After healing our wounds and ensuring that all of the villagers were safe, we met with Kranzorai's father Takazorai Bragmasho. We were introduced and rewarded for our efforts to save the town by receiving an enchanted item from the villages artificer. While I am unsure of what the two Humans will do next, I will be staying behind here in the village with Kranzorai untill I can meet with his father to discuss his visions of the future and hopefully begin to make some progress on my quest.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Desmond's Journal  Empty Re: Desmond's Journal

Post  Mr.Hero Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Journal Entry Number 2: Written on the 21st day of the 7th month of the Second Year
    It is the end of the Spring, and I have arrived back at Moe's after spending nearly 8 months in Kranzorai's village. I have learned that Kran's father, Takazorai, has been receiving visions of the future. His visions seem dark and foreboding and I believe that his mind is sensitive to the arcane and these visions are visions of my time. I will greatly rely on his visions to prepare to face the faceless foe that has destroyed my future.

Last month, my old companions arrived in the village and with uncanny timing. We began to chat when a young Elf druid showed up named Amethyst who was welcomed into our party. As we caught up with one another, we heard a commotion coming from the gathering building. Upon further investigation, we found Kran arguing with his father about a missing member of the clan. We talked to Takazorai and found that Kran greatly desired to go and help search for the missing member of the clan much to his dismay. So we assured him that we would also go with the searching party and help to keep Kran safe.
    We all departed and soon found the missing Dragonborn hanging in a tree. As soon as we cut him down we were ambushed by Kobolds. After defeating our foes, we spoke with the missing Dragonborn who was caught in the net who told us of a cave not very far away....

We traveled on to the cave and found two sleeping guards which we disposed of quickly. After journeying into the cave, We soon found that it was a place for the Kobolds to make sacrifices to the particular dragon that they worship. We decided as a group to go back outside of the cave for a brief amount of time and soon were faced with more Kobolds. After taking care of those, Kran became furious and demanded that we storm into the cave and destroy the Kobolds dwelling inside the cave.

When a Dragonborn becomes enraged, it is normally a wise decision to agree with him and so, we went back into the cave. We faced many minions, a few skirmishers, a couple dragonshields, and then one wyrmpriest. I decided we should take care of the wyrmpriest first. My allies cleared a path for me to use my Fey Strike Sword on the wyrmpriest and teleport him right to us. We disposed of him quickly before he could summon any more minions. The rest of the battle was fairly straight forward and with time, we killed all of the Kobolds in the cave. The spoils of our adventure were great. I found magical leather armor and gathered a fine sum of gold.

After our time in the cave the party traveled on. I went back to the village to say my goodbyes and to see Zegi once more to enhance my blade. Then I left to continue my quest to find the evil of the future now while it can be stopped. I believe that my next destination will be to either Vectros' town of Lightville or to Bort's town of Bartopia, however I have heard rumors also of a village much further to the South which I may also investigate.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:45 pm

I believe I am closer to the point in time when the evil force is released... I feel an evil presence that casts itself over this land. I must find out more about this dark magic which I wear around my neck. I believe it was a tool created by the Dwarves to capture the evil darkness. And from what I gather from our experience in the mines, It may have been the Dwarves who unleashed the evil in the first place. I'm leaving now to find some one who can help me. I've heard of rumors of an enclave to the East which houses wise sages who have distanced themselves from the rest of the world. I will try to seek an audience with them in hopes of finding answers. I know that my new found comrades will be pursing this evil as well and I wish them the best of luck, but for now I must go my own way.
    - Desmond,
    18th of Sextunt, Thus being the spring of my third year in this age.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:27 am