iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

Duncan's Journal

Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Duncan's Journal Empty Duncan's Journal

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:51 am

Duncan's Journal Connery99

Journal entry: 11th day of the 5th month of Summer
    It has been a long summer full of new things. We had a group of travelers come by about a month ago and have since decided to stay and become a part of our village. At first, I was reluctant to allow them to stay, it can be dangerous allowing outsiders in. However, we need more man power and more people to help develop our village into a proper stronghold. My fear of Thule's scouts discovering this place before we are prepared increases every day. The group of nomads, as I've previously stated, arrived a month ago from the steppes: nomads of some sort. They tell me that they came from a desert far to the East where the grasslands of the steppes become a sea of sand. Their leader, an older man named Tim, is an enchanter who is wise and experienced. I was very interested in speaking with him. He told me of their lives in the dessert and of their hardships. He pleaded with me to allow him to stay with us and at first I declined. However, he was persistent and found ways to win me over. He used a device to blast rubble from the mountain side which allowed us to reinforce our outer walls with stone. He created a well in the town's center just out side of the Hall of Brotherhood so that we would not have to make journeys to the river. Tim has earned both my respect and loyalty and has since become a member of New Talos as well as the rest of his people. Thus our population has grown to be that of around 59 adults and 22 children (under the age of 13)

Last edited by Mr.Hero on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Duncan's Journal Empty Re: Duncan's Journal

Post  Mr.Hero Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 pm

It is the 18th day of the 7th month of the year. It is spring and all is well in New Talos. Tim has greatly helped our village and we have greatly prospered because of his aid and the aid of his kinsmen. We've begun construction today on a proper keep for New Talos since we've gained more villagers over the last year. Many peoples from the steppes have decided to join us and have a place to call their own instead of roaming around. We've started raising cattle in a proper fashion. Along with the new castle, we've also commenced the training of villagers to be men-at-arms and, with time, an army. I must cut my writing short, it seems I'm need outside. This is a very busy time and as the spring comes to a close there will be a busy summer as well.
    -Duncan
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:41 pm

It is summer now, and New Talos is growing quite well. Though we have taken in a lot of the nomads from the steeps, not all of them feel the need to settle in one place. They have however began to trade with us and thus, we have the beginnings of commerce. We are making progress on the Keep as well... I expect to be done with the main structure by the end of Autumn. Our villagers too have undergone a change. We have our first militia and I feel much more confident in our ability to defend ourselves than I did a few months ago. We've improved a trail that leads to the ocean to the West so that now the sea is easily accessible by horse and buggy. It is my hope that sometime in the future we will be able to utilize it for sea trade and ease of exploration.I have collaborated with Tim the enchanter to have a few things developed for New Talos such as a school for our children, a proper market close to the town center, and a place to take care of injured people and those afflicted with disease. We've also decided that since the Keep will be finished soon, that we will move all military and official operations of the town to the Keep and transform the Hall of Brotherhood into a proper Mead hall and Inn. We came to this conclusion since the Keep is a more strategic place and because we've been receiving more visitors lately, there should be a place for them to stay and get to know the people of New Talos. We now have a population of 278 adults (citizens over the age 13)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:21 am