iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

2 posters

The Subtle Knife

Bort
    Bort
    Admin

The Subtle Knife - Page 2 Empty Re: The Subtle Knife

Post  Bort Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Didn't you just say you came from Moetown? Well, umm, this bridge is roughly five leagues from Moetown. I'm betting you are quite tired having walked half the night
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Well yes I am tired. Once I wake in the morning, how much farther will i have to travel to reach Bartopia?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:40 am

Just a few miles from the inn. It will not take long to reach Bartopia in them morning.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Thank you very much. I'll be on my way now.

Sid continues on his journey with plans to head past the in and straight towards Bartopia. After gaining some distance, he decides that it may be best to go unnoticed from here on out.

Spoiler:
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Sid easily becomes hidden as no one appears to be watching. The road is quite well maintained across the bridge. After a short time an inn can be spotted just off the road. The place is actually somewhat large and seems much more ornate and probably more expensive then the inn the guard has spoken of. But looking to the side a much poorer looking wing can be seen. This place probably serves guests of wealth and those without wealth alike. One guard can be seen sitting at the entrance of the path to the inn. His eyes are easy to escape by slipping off the road on the far side. Though he carries a short sword he does not seem to be the warrior type. Probably just a local man hired by the inn. Perhaps more guards patrol the grounds, but the lack of a large fence and the demeanor of this one man would seem to indicate this is not a crime laden area. Keeping just off the road Sid calmly sneaks on past towards the South. Barely any distance past, Sid slides deeper into the brush to avoid the approaching of torches. Three men dressed in the same way as the guards at the bridge wander by. Every once in awhile a small rough trail can be seen heading from the road into the woods. These are probably just paths made from hunters as wagons would be hard pressed to squeeze down such a trail. Once more upon seeing torches up the road, Sid moved silently farther off the path into the deeper brush. Another patrol dressed in the same cloaks as before, but one creature appears to be an elf and is carrying a very large bow. Continuing on the trees thin slightly. Small wooden cabins can be seen sparingly into the woods. Bartopia is obviously near. Crossing a road leading to the east, Sid decides to move into the brush and plan his next move. The moon has fallen and looking to the East, cracks of light have began sneaking up the sky. The sun will soon be up.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Sid decides that there must be more to the inn than it appears to be and it would be worth a look at. He waits till the way is clear of people who may see him get out of the brush. When his opprotunity arrives, he hops out and makes his way to the enterance to the inn intent on walking into this inn and get a closer look...
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Sid attempts to enter the inn......
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:25 am

On approach to the large building you notice the lone sentry has stepped away from his post. Probably just a quick walk to help him stay awake in the early hours. A quick look and listen around ensured that he is at least not lumbering very close by. You approach the large wooden door which is inscribed with an eagle. Nothing can detected through the large wooden door so you push against it. The large, well balanced door slowly swings open into a well lit entry hall. Directly in front, Sid catches eyes with a well dressed man sitting behind a counter about 50 feet in front of him. He immediately begins to stand up, probably to greet the new guest. There are small open door ways on both the left and the right about 15 feet away. This hall is well decorated and no doubt has hosted an assortment of guests.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Sid walks up to the inn-keeper
    Hello sir, could you tell me how far I am from Bartopia?
    As he advances towards the inn-keeper, Sid discretely evaluates his surroundings to determine how many people are there, if anyone stands out, or if anyone is watching him
    Spoiler:
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:42 am

Hello and welcome! How far? Um, just a few miles or so. What is your name? Would you like to hear about all the services we offer? Looking around you see a well lit entry hall. This place seems more the destinations of nobles than your typical traveler. There are no other obvious people around.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:20 pm

Yes please. And I hope this doesn't sound to intrusive but, what type of customers typically frequent this inn?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:04 am

Not at all. We have served a wide variety of guests. Travelers from the north or travelers headed north. It is much easier to sleep here than to worry with going all the way into Bartopia. Occasionally Bartopian nobles will meet here for a couple of days just to get out of the city. In fact residents from all over have stayed. Our resort is quite popular. The area is simply beautiful. Our rooms are luxurious and many have lovely views of the surrounding woods. We employ expert chefs to serve the finest dishes. And of course we have the finest guards and woodsman, always on patrol to guarantee the safety of our guests. We maintain grand rooms for the greatest kings and more economical dwellings for the simple traveler both. Its enough to make Kings and vagabonds believe we are the very best. But instead of just simply listing the things we can do, we like to let our guests tell us their dreams, and then we make them a reality.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:43 pm

This all sounds very exquisite, and I will most likely be renting a room, but I have another question which may sound silly but: in which direction from here is Bartopia located?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Bartopia is just a few miles south of here. It is indeed a splendid town. Have you ever traveled there before? Are you headed there on business perhaps?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:10 pm

More like a job offer. Say, how much for a room?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:00 am

O yes! The reason you are here. My apology, I often get to talking for too long. As I said we have a variety of arrangements to choose from. A bed in the bunk house is only two silver for a day. We have economy rooms for 4 silver a day. The merchant rooms are between 1 and 3 gold depending on which amenities you would like. The Noble rooms range between 7 and 20 gold. A few different options there if you have the coin. That is all for our standard rooms.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:51 am

Hmmm...Well I suppose I'll take an economy room
    He hands over 4sp
    It has been a long trip for me and I do look forward to some rest. I think I'll go outside and have a smoke before I retire to bed though.
    Sid takes a small cherry colored wooden pipe and waits to receive his room key
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:56 am

The man walks over behind the counter and places the silver into a drawer. He then rings a bell. A younger girls comes out of one of the side rooms near the entrance. Please show our guest to his room the man commands as he hands her a small piece of paper. She is young and very pretty. Her long dark hair flows to the bottom of her back. "This way sir" she speaks softly as she heads out towards the door you entered in. She leads you around to the side to less ornate building. The building opens into a large open area with tables and chairs. She heads to the right through a doorway and into a hallway. To the right you see a staircase, as she leads you to the left. Past three doors and finally stopping. Here is your room sir, I hope you enjoy. She bows.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri May 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Glancing into the room you see is far from luxury. A single wooden chair next to a small wooden table is the only furniture, save the straw mattress on the floor. The walls are bare and have a few specks of dirt. No blood or other bodily fluids are visible around the room, so it is probably safe. Though the rooms has definitely been used frequently, it is surprisingly lacking in any pungent odors.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon May 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Walking into the room, Sid takes out a small pouch of tobacco and packs a wad down into his pipe. He grabs a candle off of the table and lights his pipe and takes a seat and begins to think to himself....."If I am going to find this little shack housing the trousers outfit, I need to get some information about the area.... maybe an ale and some rumors might help..." He puffs on his pipe and lets out a smoke ring and decides to head back down to the main hall to seek out both: an ale and a rumor. He walks back to the main counter.
    Hello again. I was wondering if you have a bar here in this fine establishment?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Tue May 14, 2013 1:19 am

The man behind the counter once again summons the lovely dark haired girl. She leads you back into your building, through a door directly back from the entrance, past the dining area, and down a few stairs into a somewhat rough looking room. A tall man stands behind the bar wiping down a few glasses. Two men sit at a nearby table with more than a few empty glasses on their table. An elf sits alone at the bar. He is not the picture of the glorious elves you have heard in the stories. His hair is unkempt, and his clothes are worn. The girl once again bows and asks if there is anything else she can do for you?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue May 14, 2013 7:32 am

No miss, that will be all.
    After dismissing the girl Sid makes his way to the bar still smoking his pipe. He reaches into his pocket and takes out a few silver pieces and lays them on the table.
    I'll have an ale please
    He then takes a seat and waits for his ale to arrive.
    Say you wouldn't happen to know where I might be able to procure a map would you?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Wed May 15, 2013 12:54 am

The Barkeep hands an ail to Sid. Where are you looking for friend? I may be able to find you a map around here somewhere.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed May 15, 2013 7:11 am

Well I am not very familiar with this area. A friend gave me a few landmarks to look for I'm just uncertain of where they are: I found the bridge, the inn, but he mentioned a small black building not far from the town. I'd like to know where that is in reference to Bartopia.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Wed May 15, 2013 11:53 am

The bridge and the inn aren't too hard to find. But you are going to have to be more specific about building. Are you meeting someone from town? Where did he say this building was located?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:24 am