iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

3 posters

Random Turtle Adventure Thing!

Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Random Turtle Adventure Thing! Empty Random Turtle Adventure Thing!

Post  Bort Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:09 am

Since these forums seems to supersede space and time in some ways, if a certain person is willing to host and adventure, a certain Deva is willing to go on one.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Random Turtle Adventure Thing! Empty Great and All Powerful Poo

Post  Jing Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 am

Sure thing I the Great and All Powerful Poo will be your Dungeun Master! You shall be starting your quest wherever Ronin is currently located...so as not to cause a tear in our ragile reality please try to be in only one place at a time. (in otherwords get what you need from Gaius' Shop and then proceed on your mission.)
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Random Turtle Adventure Thing! Empty Re: Random Turtle Adventure Thing!

Post  Bort Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Ronin arrives at the monastery. WOOHOO!!! QUEST TIME!
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Random Turtle Adventure Thing! Empty And so the Adventure begins

Post  Jing Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:10 am

Ronin arrives at the monastery, for which he sees a sign up outside that reads "Learn MORE about the recent incursion into our realm. Friends or Foes!" Ronin can hear with his deva ears a woman speaking loudly but cannot make it out because of the murmur of the crowd listening
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:43 am

Ronin advances towards where the lady is speaking. He strides quietly across the ground and slowly enters wishing to remain mostly out of sight from the crowd.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:26 am

Yes Tom? The Teacher calls on one of the students in the crowd.

Umm, so if these things are so dangerous why don't we just kill them all?

Well as you know, They come from a place where inhabitants of the realm coexisted with these monsters. Sometimes even forming life long bonds. Most are only dangerous if provoked. However whoever opened the portal to begin with has other plans. I believe that we need to find, capture, and preserve their spirit in order to fight what is to come.

Look, they have been ruining my crops. I just want to know how to exterminate them.

Farmer Dan, before you take any drastic measures, I have reached out to the local guilds and asked for help in this problem. Please allow me to try and relocate these creatures, extermination is not the only answer.

You are just a crazy nut job! My livelihood and my children's prosperity is on the line! I don't care who you know and what you and Lord Moe have going on! I am gonna take care of it my way!

I would appreciate you not making false accusations sir, and I assure you these creatures won't go down without a fight, keep that in mind. If you care to come back tomorrow I will be lecturing on how to properly fight these creatures. Well that concludes my lesson for today.

The people in the hall begin to talk among themselves and go back to their daily lives.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:40 am

Ronin advances slowly across the floor, seeking an audience with the teacher
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Hello, My name is Willow. What can I do for you?

Last edited by Jing on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Good to meet you madam Willow, I am Ronin. I am here in response to your summon for help in Moe's establishment. I wish to know more of the problems which you face.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 am

Why its a pleasure to meet you Ronin, I never expected a deva to be the one to respond to my call. None the less, you may be exactly who I have been waiting for. I need someone who is willing to not only help to preserve these creatures, but catalog them as well. She rummages through her pack and pulls out a notebook. Because of the wide spread problem I need willing adventurers to go out and record data on every single one of these creatures you meet. Diet, size, and approximate weight are all good things but in order for me to truly understand these creatures I am going to need you to capture specimens. As a seeker of knowledge, I am sure you can understand my struggle. These monsters are causing large scale problems to the ecosystem, but at the same time are improving it ten fold! But all of these people here only see the harm and not the good! I need them to see the good!

I am sorry, I do believe I have gotten off on a tangent. She places the notebook on the table in-front of her. The turtle problem is not a simple one. As these creatures come into this world some of them are being corrupted by a dark evil entity, probably the one who opened the path between realms to begin with. I am looking for a way to remove this evil taint from these creatures. So far I have derived a formula from local fruits and berries that seems to cure the darkness dwelling in them. The turtle has been sighted in the forest and is the first confirmed sighting of a tainted one in the area, and defiantly not the last. She pulls out of her coat a vial of liquid, and places it next to the notebook.

You will need this and the notebook. Any extra entries in the notebook I will pay you for, and any specimens you bring me I will reward you with as well. Oh my, I think I forgot to mention that the notebook records automatically once attuned to the users psyche, its quite handy!
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:09 am

This indeed seems to be a most peculiar problem, but I am willing to help. But I do have a few questions. How does this notbook work exactly? When did this start happening, and Who do you think is causing it?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 am

It works by creating a brief description of the creature and transcribing it into the notebook for you. It also will transcribe an image of the creature as well. The notebook cannot be written in by any other means. If you as current owner make visual contact with a creature from this realm, that is when the magic happens. How does it know these creatures? I do not know. I found it in the possession of a shady individual and confiscated it. Who opened the portal? I do not yet know, but I have people looking into it. This started it seems many months ago, but the occurrence of the taint is very recent. The taint is why I have decided to educate the population about the joys and dangers of these creatures. I have heard rumors of a dark entity that had popped up before Moetown was established, and there have been many sightings of the creatures roaming the ruins if old Lightville and the surrounding areas. That would be a good place to look, and it just so happens to be near the swamp where the tainted turtle has been sighted. Oh, and farmer Dan's is on the way just past where New Lightville used to be.

Last edited by Jing on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:19 pm

I will proceed with much haste and gather all the information I can. Where should I head first? And what shall I do if I encounter the tainted creatures?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:20 am

If you encounter a creature then allow the notebook to make a record of the specimen, then try and subdue it. Don't forget the antidote, that will be vital in removing whatever curse has befallen the poor turtle. Remember these creatures are generally friendly with a few exceptions. Oh, in order to contain these creatures using a pixie formula for an enchantment we have a way to capture these creatures. She rummages through her bag once again, and pulls out five ruby crystal set in a sphere of alabaster out of a pocket in the bag. All you need to do to complete the ritual is have this come in contact with the specimen. Although it is not one hundred percent effective, the creatures blood seems to increase the chances greatly.

Now I would first go see Moe and he will give you a map of the area if you need one, but the tainted one takes first priority. Like I said before it has been sighted in the swamps near Old Lightville.
    She places the crystals next to the notebook and the vial on the desk.

Excuse me Professor? One of the students approach.

Well good luck, it seems someone else is in need of my time. She walks away talking to the student about the effectiveness of different resistances and weaknesses of the creatures. Why yes, that would be quite effective!
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:14 am

Ronin stows the five ruby crystals in a row on his belt. He stows the antidote in his pack and then sets off towards Moes. Once inside the tavern he approaches Moe. Good day barkeep, I was told you could provide me with a map of Lightville in order for me to head there and investigate the tainted turtles.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Hello again, sure I have a map for you right here. Hands Ronin the map. Another traveler comes in and sits down next to Ronin, Professor Willow told me I should deliver this to you. He hands him the notebook he left sitting on the desk. It seems you will be trying to fill the notebook too. Well I am sure I will get this done before you. How bout this, lets see who get more cataloged on their first task. He leaves as quickly as he came.
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:34 am

Ronin takes the map and the notebook and heads out. He travels the few miles up to New Lightville and continues on towards the Old Lightville. His pack sits snugly on his shoulders as he travles up the long road headed for the swamps.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:50 am

As he continues along the road he sees a sign post. It points in four directions: the first points toward New Lightvile, the second toward Old Lightville, the third down a rugged path labeled "Farmer Dan's", the last down a really spooky looking path labeled "Swamps of Sadness".

Spoiler:
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:32 am

Ronin heads towards the swamp. He is eager to find the evil that is sweeping over the land.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:32 am

The member 'Bort' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 6
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Suddenly a creature jumps out of the tall grass and attacks Ronin.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:23 pm

The member 'Jing' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd8' : 8

--------------------------------

#2 'd4' : 1
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:31 pm

The Notebook begins to speak to Ronin.

This bird-like creature must flap its wings at a very high frequency in order to stay in the air. It feeds off of insects found in grassy areas. It can be very territorial.

Then it makes a sketch of the creature.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Ronin focuses his mind on the aggressive bird.
    Spoiler:
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:39 pm

The tiny bird screeches at a high pitch, causing much discomfort.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:23 am