iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

3 posters

The Legend of the Silver Scepter

Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

The Legend of the Silver Scepter - Page 8 Empty Re: The Legend of the Silver Scepter

Post  Mr.Hero Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:21 pm

Bort's combination has no effect.
    Hmm I think we should focus on one quest at a time... Clearly the six inner-most rings are correct because of the clicking sound it made... That or we set off a trap... To early to tell really... But I think we should think of a word that would make sense with Mimurr.... Something consisting of four letters....that's not a vulgarity of course!
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

The Legend of the Silver Scepter - Page 8 Empty Re: The Legend of the Silver Scepter

Post  Bort Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 pm

I suppose you are right. Our Monkey dragon quest can wait. Hmmm... The writing says "Vinult" four times which is the equivilent of praise or hail, but it won't fit. It speaks of fire or "Ixen" in draconic five times, but I already tried that. I tried King and it didn't work. I know, I'll just put in "nurh" Bort then starts to turn the dial as he quietly snickers to himself.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:43 am

Stand back and prepare to be amazed!
    Gaius walks over to the door and arranges the letters to spell hail. Upon doing so, the ground begins to rumble and the door slowly lowers into the earth revealing a long stairway leading down into darkness.
    Spoiler:
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:14 am

Well Done Gaius! Bort says happily as he prepares to enter the darkenss.

Spoiler:
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Gaius smiles with delight.
    Well thank you very much Bort! Now then, before we head down there I have a little gift for you two. Manus! Give me those compasses please.
    Gaius' familiar hands him two compasses and then returns into his pack
    We might need these to save from getting disoriented down there... dungeons tend to do that. So just in case keep these close by!
    He hands them the compasses
    Now, shall we descend into the unknown?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:40 am

Hazah! Kran descends down the stairs!

Spoiler:
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Onward! Come on Bort! Let's delve into the deeps!
    Gaius heads down the stairs
    Spoiler:
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:37 pm

OMG:

Yes come on! Last one buys me dinner!
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:06 am

Thats my line! Bort says rushing after his comrades. 

WHOA!" :
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:15 pm

This is pretty cool!:
    The adventurers journey down into the bowels of the dungeon. As the walk down the stairs, Gaius collects his sunrod from his pack to help light the way. Soon, they arrive inside a small room. The room is 45'x45' and perfectly square in shape. As they set foot into the room, a large stone falls from the ceiling behind them, sealing them into the room. It is a room that, should the light go out, would most certainly completely engulf the heroes in total darkness. The room is completely sealed off and though there is a large stone door at the end of the room, it is shut tight as well. Inside the room (apart from the eerie thought of being stuck in a completely dark room should the light go out), the adventurers can also detect that they are not the first group of adventurers to delve into this dungeon. They see three long since deceased adventurers laying on the floor. As they continue to scan the room, the also notice four levers along the sides of the walls (two on the Eastern wall and two on the Western)..... 
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Mr.Hero on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : don't know why it did the sunglasses face....)
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Well boys, it looks as though we have become trapped.  Shall we investigate this room further? He moves to inspect the body closest to him. 

Movement:

Perception checks:

History check:

Intimidate check:
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:05 pm

History:
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:07 pm

As Kran investigates the body of the dead adventurer, he notices that he is dressed in plain old fashioned ratty leather armor. But he is wearing a small satchel labeled "first aid". inside the bag, he finds 10 potions of vitality and 3 potions of fire resistance (lvl 14). 
    While continuing to scan the room for clues, hints, and a better impression of the purpose of such a small room he notices on the ceiling a series of small rectangular recesses. These however are also sealed tight. The walls are very dungeon-esc and appear to have been chiseled to form its current shape from existing cave walls.
    Though Kran is well versed in dragon/kobold lore, no bits of useful information comes to mind.
    While Kran is putting on a truly fearsome face in order to intimidate the door, The Door fears no one.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:10 am

Yes... well, while youre checking him I suppose I'll check this other guy and Bort can have that one over there!
    Gaius walks towards the another body and checks it for supplies and anything useful...
    move:
    check:
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:26 pm

Slightly creepy room.... Bort thinks aloud.  

Move:

Perception:

Insight:

History:
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:24 pm

perception:
    insight:
    history:
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Umm...Bort you are looking quite famished. we should sit, discuss, and eat a snack!
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:29 pm

That sounds like a great idea to me.  What say you Gaius, Wizard of magical glory? 
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Well....*rumble*Yeah, I'm kinda starving....
    Gaius reaches into his pack and grabs some journeybread and takes a few bites.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:50 pm

So, any thoughts on how we should tackle this room?
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:59 am

O yeah, we are trapped here aren't we....  Bort says as he digs in to some delicious jerky.  Well, whatever these guys tried didn't work out.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Gaius continues to munch on his journeybread...
    Yeah, that's true....but we have to take some action to get out of this room...
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:35 pm

As much as I enjoy the company you two offer, I think maybe we should try to get out of this place. Bort says somewhat boringly, as it is lacking the usual strange, quirky, and occasionally irritating nature of most of his statements. He then steps over to the nearest lever(9,7) and pulls it down.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:56 pm

After pulling down the lever, a loud mechanical noise sounds off. the sound resembles the sound one would hear if gears began to move or metal pieces start to shift around. Then all of the sudden, the small recesses in the ceiling start to move as if to open. As they open, water rushes down from above and starts to fill the room
    Spoiler:
    Bort
    Bort
    Admin

Post  Bort Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Barely audible, analogous to an echo from an upstairs room while sitting alone in front of a fire downstairs in your study in an empty house in the middle of winter, Kran and Gaius here a noise emanate from their sneaky comrade. Over the sound of gears turning and of the rush of water heard all around them they make out a single word. "Baallllsssssss....."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:22 am