iRPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our misadventures!

5 posters

A dark rainy night in Moetown

Jing
    Jing
    Admin

A dark rainy night in Moetown - Page 4 Empty Re: A dark rainy night in Moetown

Post  Jing Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Moe pulls out a map and gives the travelers pristine directions. Here, you can have this. And here is a copy for you too. Moe hands both travelers a map of Moetown.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks alot barkeep!
    He gets up and makes his way to the door.
    Ill see you at the shop Ronin
    He heads out the door
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 am

Suddenly rabbits invade the bar once again except this time in the commotion a humanoid rabbit walks into the bar and then whispers something to Moe and leaves as quickly as he came. Then the invading army withdrew as well.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Desmond walks into the tavern as the rabbits are walking out. A strange sight to see. But Desmond shrugs it off and heads to the bar.
    Hello Moe, it has been a while. It seems you've done well for yourself since we last met. I'd lake an ale, a meal, and a room.... will 15 gold be acceptable?
    He takes out 15gp from his pack as he waits for a reply
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:09 pm

Well Hello Desmond, its on me tonight. I have been expecting you for some time. Since you were here last this town has really undergone some fantastic changes. He pours Desmond one of his finest ales while yelling into the kitchen, Grim we got anymore Gallus steaks?

Grim has a few more, Grim will go talk to old man tomorrow. How would you like this cooked good sir?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Medium rare if you could please Grim. Yes a lot has changed while I've been away... so many new buildings! Let me ask you Moe: do you remember the adventure my comrades and I went on to Lightville before I went away? We encountered a man who was under the influence of a dark unknown force... Have you heard of anything similar happening since I've been gone?
    Killgor
    Killgor

Post  Killgor Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:42 pm

A weary looking genasi enters and takes a seat at the bar. He places a few coins on the countertop.
    Barkeep, a mug of ale please.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Moe whispers to Desmond, I do not remember this quest you speak of. I do not currently recall such a being, but that does not mean that something like this would not be plausible. When it comes to this matter I would speak to others in the area, those that might be as old as this ancient entity.

Then he addresses the new traveler, Sure thing, whats your name traveler? He slides him one of his finest ales.

He then gets out a pen and paper scribbles a few names then hands the note to Desmond.

Spoiler:
    Killgor
    Killgor

Post  Killgor Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:41 pm

I go by the name of Mogar.
    He takes a drink of the ale. A look of suprise crosses his face as he nod approvingly.
    A fantastic drink. Tell me, is this your own brew?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:38 am

No it is not actually, this particular one came from the Dragonborn village, Ihk Tiichi. I also have some brew that was made by my good friend the Chickenman. Want to try that one?
    Killgor
    Killgor

Post  Killgor Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:51 am

The....Chickenman? Well why not. A new place, a new drink to try.

He places a few more coins on the countertop.

If I may ask sir, what name do you go by?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:17 pm

He pours him another drink out a strange looking blue bottle. Then hands him a glass of the blue liquid. My names Moe, owner operator of this way-station. So how was your first quest with the adventurers guild?
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Desmond folds the note and places it in his pack.
    Thanks, Moe. After I eat my meal and get some rest. I must head on.

He whispers to Moe: You wouldn't happen to know who or where these people are would you?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:23 pm

I do. Then he walks into the kitchen, and returns promptly. Grim isn't gonna be able to go and get my shipment of chicken, do you mind fetching it for me?

Glitch suddenly falls apart and reforms into the three child sized warforged, then they run out the door with much purpose, clutching a metallic sphere with wings.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:22 pm

That was strange.... Anyway... No, I don't mind at all. Where will I go to retrieve your shipment?
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:48 pm

The chicken shack in the market district. At the end of the bar I keep current up to date town maps for travelers. Grab one if you want.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:05 pm

He grabs one of the maps and makes his way to the door
    Ill be heading out then. Thank you very much Moe.
    He walks out the door on his quest
    Killgor
    Killgor

Post  Killgor Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:03 pm

A smirk crosses his face.

Interesting to say the least, a black dragon wyrmling in the sewers. And I thought overworld sewers would have rat infestations at their worst.

He chuckles.

And to call the ones I adventured with entertaining would be an understatement. But they all proved most valiant in battle and have earned my respect.

Mogar takes a long pull from his drink. When he lowers his mug the look in his eyes show deep concern.

Yet even here, a shadow of evil still haunts the land. I had thought it left behind at Threshold but it seems I was mistaken.

Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:46 am

I would like to think I know a little about everything, but i know nothing of this Threshold for which you speek.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:55 am

A man wearing a long cloak and goggles on his brow walk in and lays his pack down next to an empty stool at the bar and sits down changing the status of the stool to filled. Moe pours the man a glass of ale and then hands him a piece of paper. He walks into the the kitchen then returns with Grim and points at the pack. Grim takes the pack and goes into the back.
    Killgor
    Killgor

Post  Killgor Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Few from the natural world have. It is a city in the abyss a few days journey from my home. Once a month, a portal at the heart of the city opens allowing travelers and trade to cross from the abyss into this world.
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:21 am

The front door swings open as a large barrel rolls into the tavern. Though it seems to move on its own, as it makes it's way through the tavern a Dwarf is seen behind the barrel moving it. The Dwarf stops in the corner and waits as another barrel is rolled in and placed beside the other. This happens two more times with a total of four very large barrels. The barrels all have Dwarven writing on them on one side and on the opposite side there is written in common: "Darthor Brewery". Then a Dwarf with a clipboard walks in and makes his way to the bar.
    Well here's yer shipment. Sign please...
    He hands over the clipboard to Moe on the other side of the bar.
    This paper is to acknowledge that you've recieved your free sample and the bottom portion can be torn off for your information. It has the name of our brewery and such. If your customers enjoy the ales and mead then send someone to Darthor to place a purchase order. Now, you have a barrel of Dwarven mead, a barrel of Strongman Stout, a barrel of Dwarven Gold Ale, and a barrel of Moradin's Mark Brown Ale.
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:47 am

Grim! Some deliveries. Moe shouts to the back with a rare expression on delight in his voice. Then he signs the clip board, Have you also made one of these deliveries to my good friends in the Dragonborn village south of here? I am sure you would love their business as well. Everyone drinks are on me tonight! Grim walks in from the back carrying the pack he was tasked to fill. Grim thinks you need more help Everyman. Human, Grim has pack what he has asked, great valued meats and beverages. Good luck. Then he begins to move the barrels into place so that Moe may serve them to the patrons of the tavern. Good dwarf, where might this brewery be? I would very much like to go and speak with your brewmaster to set up a contract, if the brew is good, which I hope it is!
    Mr.Hero
    Mr.Hero
    Admin

Post  Mr.Hero Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:37 am

Well the brewery of the great Dwarven Kingdom of Darthor is about 30 miles North of here. The brewery is a type of settlement which lies to the West of the Grand Entrance Hall of Darthor. There we brew all kinds of ales and mead. We harvest all of our wheat, hops, and honey there. That is where you may find our Brewmaster: Olaf the Stout. He used to be a great warrior in our war against the Orcs but has retired in this time of peace to pursue his one great love: making the finest ales in all the land. If you wish to speak with Olaf, I'm sure he will be most exited to meet a prospective customer. As for the Dragonborn village, it was not originally a stop on our trip but I'm sure we could swing by. How far south is this place???
    Jing
    Jing
    Admin

Post  Jing Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:59 am

It's about a days journey south. Just follow the big road and watch out for bandits, I can send some guards with you if you need and extra protection. You will find the Dragonborn very hospitable, seek out a female named Zerami. She runs the tavern, and try some of her brews.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 11:57 am